Are you looking for a career in Arboriculture?
Have a look at our vacancies below or get in touch to see what oppertunities we can offer you.
Tree Surgeon Apprenticeships
The industry has been undergoing big changes over the last few years and professionalism is important, both from a safety point of view and developing good customer relations.
During the course of your apprenticeship, you will be given the underpinning knowledge and skill needed to work in the tree care industry.
An apprenticeship is a full time job with a salary. You will spend majority of your time on site, gaining hands on experience and knowledge.
The duration of the course is 2 years. Within this time you will attend college and also be provided with an experienced mentor within the work place, where you will gain much needed theory knowledge and practical skill.
The Apprenticeship includes the following certificates of competence:
• Level 2 award in emergency first aid at work (specialised for the tree care industry).
• Level 2 award in safe use of brushwood chipper.
• Traffic Management (NRSWA Unit 002 Signing, Lighting and Guarding) OR Sector Scheme 12D.
• Level 2 award in chainsaw maintenance.
• Level 2 award in crosscutting timber using a chainsaw.
• Level 2 award in felling and processing trees up to 380mm.
• Level 2 award in accessing a tree using a rope and harness.
• Level 3 award in aerial tree rescue operations.
• Level 3 award in aerial cutting of trees using free fall techniques.
• Level 2 award in safe use of mobile elevated work platform.
• Level 3 award in use of a chainsaw from a Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP).
• Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment.
English & maths – Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths must achieve Level 1 and take the test for Level 2 before taking the end-point assessment.